Catalina Marketing Regional Director, Digital Sales in New York, New York
Catalina’s personalized digital media connects shoppers to the brands we know they want. We do this by delivering only the most relevant ads and offers from their home to the aisle. And only Catalina knows the evolving purchase history and individual needs of more than three-quarters (280 million) of American shoppers. With the world’s largest shopper purchase history database driving personalized media across our networks, Catalina drives lift and loyalty for the world’s leading retailers and CPG brands. We target consumers with the right behavior-based message when it’s most impactful via the channel that’s most likely to reach them — digital or in the store.
Catalina, the leader in personalized digital media, seeks a Sales Director to join our dynamic BuyerVision Digital team. The sales executive will be responsible for achievement of revenue goals for the BuyerVision suite of products which includes digital advertising across desktop and mobile with industry leading closed loop reporting. The individual must possess the skills to develop agency and brand relationships at all levels in the CPG category. In addition to possessing exceptional strategic sales, marketing and persuasion skills, the ideal candidate will act as a subject matter expert to the internal Manufacturer sales teams who they will partner with to penetrate accounts to find and align with key decision makers. The ideal candidate must be interested in working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and be a data infused media expert.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Achieve or exceed quarterly and annual revenue goals associated for BuyerVision with a focus on driving the business through Digital Agencies across the Top 10 CPGs
- Work with Analytics, Pre/Post-Sale and Manufacturer sales teams to develop new business, deliver campaigns that achieve measureable success, up-sell renewals, and grow revenue
- Utilize Catalina’s data and insights in client and agency conversations
- Prospect, build and maintain relationships within assigned territory at all agency levels
- Work in tandem with Manufacture sales counterpart to understand your clients’ core objectives and build revenue strategically through agency and client interactions
- Understand the competitive landscape and educate agencies regarding the value of Purchase Based Targeting and Catalina’s strengths and points of differentiation in the marketplace
- Demonstrate consultative selling skills in enabling customers to drive their business and achieve their objectives.
- Accurately forecast revenue for your territory and deliver timely reports to sales management
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- College degree or related account management or higher-level sales experience.
- Digital advertising experience
- Prior CPG experience a plus
- Sales experience
Skills & Qualifications
- An established sales record with appropriate customers
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate, multitask in a fast-paced environment, work in teams and be flexible within a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and strategic thinking skills
- In-depth knowledge of and interest in following industry trends, online advertising processes and techniques
- Understanding of technologies, digital media and agency organization; knowledge of agency/trading desk dynamics is a plus
- In addition to possessing a strong desire to succeed, the ideal candidate must have superior skills in in all areas of the sales cycle including prospecting, building relationships, negotiating and selling based on value
- Solid verbal, interpersonal and written communications skills
- Working knowledge of Power Point, Excel, Word and managing contacts/workflow with CRM technology e.g. SalesForce
Critical Success Factors
- Customer Focus (customer orientation; responsiveness; build partnerships; handle difficult situations; does not sacrifice quality to satisfy customer)
- Communication (listening skills; speaking and presentation skills; writing skills)
- Results Orientation (display sense of urgency and persistence until goals are met; motivated by results of work rather than reward; apply problem-solving skills to overcome obstacles)
- Innovation (create and foster change; creative problem-solving – analytic and strategic thinking; decision-making)
- Exceptional Personal Qualities (honesty, integrity; self-confidence; maturity, manageability; thoroughness; conviction; learning; realistic)
- Drive for Success (entrepreneurial; display initiative; accountability/ownership)
- Influence Skills (persuasive; assertive; effective negotiator; straightforwardness/candor)
- Travel to Chicago/NYC/Texas on an as needed basis
Additional Preferred Skills
- Strong desire to win
- Business Management
- Work ethic
- Passion/positive attitude
CATALINA’S*CORE VALUES (REQUIRED FOR THIS JOB)*
Be a trusted partner: Act with integrity and positive intent
Focus on the customer: Keep the needs of both internal and external customers as well as consumers front and center
Act like an owner: Think holistically about how your role helps fulfill our Mission
Be innovative: Share and scale the best ideas regardless of origin
Strive for simplicity: Add meaning and eliminate complexity
Value personal and professional growth: Contribute to an environment that enables individual, team and organizational success
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters /placement agencies. Catalina will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
- Posted 4 Days Ago
- Full time