Raymond James Investment Banking Analyst II, M&A - Activism Response & Contested Situations (ARCS) - New York, NY in New York, New York
Under administrative direction, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to work with a variety of financial products within the Response & Contested Situations (ARCS) practice within the M&A group. The ARCS team advises corporate clients on shareholder activism preparedness and response, takeover defense, corporate governance and related matters, alongside industry groups globally. In this role, the Analyst will provide in-depth analysis and research to assist current and prospective clients in evaluating their potential vulnerabilities, governance issues, the activism landscape, industry developments as well as preparedness strategies. Additionally, he or she will work on live proxy fights and contested situations, create shareholder presentations, analyze activist tactics, develop defense strategies and collaborate with internal teams and external advisors to drive positive outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assists senior defense bankers and industry teams in advising clients on preparing for and responding to shareholder activism, activist campaigns, proxy contests and hostile suitors.
· Creates client presentations for defense pitches on matters including shareholder analysis, vulnerability assessments, structural defenses, governance issues and activism environment.
· Prepares key analysis and shareholder materials for use in live proxy fights and help develop defense strategies.
· Interacts with internal teams to drive marketing initiatives and facilitate engagement with the activism “ecosystem” (lawyers, PR firms, proxy solicitors).
· Works on bespoke research projects such as activism publications and conferences.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of Investment Banking.
· Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
· Financial markets and products.
· Strong work ethic, exceptional attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple deadlines under pressure
· Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
· Knowledge of FactSet/SharkRepellent, Bloomberg, and the ISS Corporate Solutions platform is preferred but not a requirement.
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Analytical skills sufficient to assess and explain events in the market.
· Problem solving skills and the ability to think independently sufficient to market ideas.
· Operating standard office equipments and using required software applications, including Microsoft Office and established databases.
· Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to reports.
· Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
· Remain cognizant of our commitment to daily workflow and regulatory compliance during high volume activity.
· Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.//
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
· Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
· Assume full responsibility and accountability for own actions.
· Demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles.
· Be proactive and demonstrate readiness and ability to initiate action.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in related field.
· Minimum of 1 year experience. Up to 2 years of experience in investment banking or within a law firm preferred (experience in activism is preferred but not a requirement)
· None required.
Organization: *Investment Banking
Title: Investment Banking Analyst II, M&A - Activism Response & Contested Situations (ARCS) - New York, NY
Location: NY-New York-New York City
Requisition ID: 1702056