Experian Data Analyst in New York, New York
Job Description - Data Analyst (171026)
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Data Analyst-Job Number:171026
Cross Channel Marketing (CCM) is looking for a Data Analyst to join the Analytics team. The Analytics team is dedicated to providing clients with innovative analyses, solutions, and empirically based strategy through business focused statistics and deep data dives. The Analyst role will be primarily focused on:
• Descriptive Analysis – Analyze the past to understand what happened, why, and what drove the results you’re examining. Analyze cohorts of customers over time. Run correlational studies to determine relationships
• Predictive Modelling – Predict the future through machine learning algorithms and feature engineering the data.
• Data Visualization – Create clarity through clean, professional visualizations that make complex ideas easy to understand
• Research – Develop deep understanding of behaviors and work to integrate new techniques and insights based on historical, cross-client data
As part of this role, you will be a creative thinker in how to solve problems, utilizing quantitative/technical skills along with business understanding to devise solutions. You’ll help develop CCM’s big data technology infrastructure in order to dive deep into our data sets and develop innovative new capabilities.
• Work collaboratively across functions, interfacing regularly with Product Management, Client Success, and Clients Service to optimize the solutions to achieve better outcome
• Work in complex data systems and wrangle data from multiple client sources including various Experian owned databases
• Conduct analysis and build models to uncover key learnings from data, leading to appropriate strategy recommendations
• Develop statistical analysis and machine learning approaches for large scale data analyzing and modeling. Apply techniques such as classification, clustering, regression, statistical inference, natural language processing, etc and implement algorithms and software needed to perform analyses
• Work alongside client stakeholders to apply our findings and developments and continually improve the return on our client’s investment
• 2+ years of experience in a quantitative or technical work environment
• Intuitive sense of how quantitative and technical work aligns closely with business priorities and business value
• Ability to effectively work with business leads: strong communication skills, ability to synthesize conclusions for non-experts and desire to influence business decisions
• High comfort level with programming, e.g. languages such as SQL, Python, R, etc
• Familiarity with Amazon Web Services environment
• Knowledge of quantitative methods – statistics, machine learning, general data analysis
• Intense intellectual curiosity – strong desire to always be learning
• Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving open-ended problems
• Highly collaborative, team-player attitude
• Bachelor’s degree in math, statistics, operations research, economics or related quantitative discipline with experience is required.
• Advanced quantitative degree preferred.
• 2+ years experience using Excel with VBA experience, SQL a plus
• Experience analyzing data, regression analysis and tactics (linear, multiple, poisson, logistic), drawing conclusions and making recommendations; consulting experience is a plus.
• 2+ years experience reporting and analyzing marketing campaigns as they relate to the profitable acquisition of new customers and existing customers preferred
• Ability to identify and resolve problem by leveraging multivariate data analysis
• Ability to be flexible and deal with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
• Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form.
• Ability to meet established timelines.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Ability to take ownership and take initiative on projects.
Job:Marketing, Product & Communications
Primary Location:United States-New York-New York
Job Posting:06/02/2017, 2:58:23 PM
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Experian to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. All employment practices such as recruitment, selection, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment are administered in a manner designed to ensure that employees and applicants for employment are not subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting and/or recruitment advertising and selection for hire. As part of the company’s equal employment opportunity and affirmative action policy, Experian will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.
Experian is committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where Experian applicants and employees are treated with respect and dignity. This policy is in accordance with State and Federal laws and reaffirms our company’s continuing commitment to both the spirit and intent of Equal Employment Opportunity laws and policies.
Experian provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com or 714-830-5022. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Experian will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Experian.