Macy's Associate Financial Planner - Active in New York, New York
* Job Overview: * The Financial Planner is responsible for setting the long range and seasonal top line financial plans that support the assortment vision, merchandising strategy, and overall company objectives. The role is accountable for managing the Rolling Operating Forecast (ROF) for all financial performance metrics, identifying opportunities and risks and proactively adjusting and advising key business partners in-season.
Essential Functions: *
• Agility: Embraces change with realistic optimism; Adjusts quickly to situational needs, as well as new roles, teams, paradigms, and environments; Persists through challenges and setbacks caused by change. • Curiosity: Seeks out new experiences and knowledge; Thinks beyond obvious; Asks questions to gain the perspectives of others; Engages team members to examine current practices and encourages creative thinking about how things could be more effective and efficient. • Vision: Gathers and synthesizes information, then transforms into new, value-add possibilities; Articulates compelling directions to others; Takes a solution-based approach to drive results. • Collaboration: Identifies, initiates, and builds trust-based relationships through candor and honesty; Proactively engages others and facilitates new ways of thinking; Encourages and respects diverse points of view; Shares information in order to drive team success. • Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others in a clear, confident, and composed manner; Tailors message for the audience; Gains support and commitment from others; Motivates and mobilizes people to take action. • Develops Talent: Drives performance and engagement through the development and alignment of talent; Demonstrates commitment to invest in self and others; Seeks and provides constructive feedback; Provides challenging assignments and coaches others to enhance learning and performance. • The Associate Omni Financial Planner is responsible for developing Dept/Vendor long range and seasonal financial plans for sales, margin, and turn to FOB goals and align with merchandise strategy in collaboration with Omni Merchandise Planner and Omni Buyer.
• Prepare and execute the Rolling Operating Forecast (ROF) for all financial metrics. Providing solutions, communicating risks and opportunities to key business partners.
• Partner with Private Brand Product partners to track performance versus plan surfacing issues.
• Create and monitor Daily Sales/Event Plans informing pre-season and in-season forecasts. • Financial results that maximize sales, inventory, and bottom line profitability. • Ability to influence partners across the organization. • Learn and become proficient in relevant Planning systems. • Special Projects. • Mentoring of new assistants. • Develop strategic seasonal and annual sales, margin and turn plans, facilitating innovative solutions and resolution of issues to align with company Business Plan with Omni Buyer and Omni Merchandise Planner. • Develop monthly vendor, financial class, and departmental pre-season plans for sales, markdowns, receipts, markups, gross margin, stock, and all financial metrics by channel and execute in PACE planning system. • Project in-season operating forecasts through the official monthly ROF process for all financial metrics. Communicate risks and opportunities to sales, stock and margin plans with recommended actions to Omni Buyer and Omni Merchandise Planner. • Create the Financial Plan and ROF for all metrics, drive resolution and actions • Monitor ROF versus plan in partnership with MMG Product, communicating concerns and resolutions. • Create FOB Daily/Event Sales Plan and in-season adjustments based on marketing/promotional events and business trend. Surface risks and opportunities and provide strategic offsets.
• Communicate with and attend strategic vendor meetings to support negotiations for pre-season plans and in-season reconciliation. • Identify in-season receipt needs based on forecast and communicate changes to the open to buy purchase needs, moves and/or cancellation.
• Execute and project Vendor Margin Template (VMT) in collaboration with key business partners. • Partner with Pricing to ensure markdown plan and ROF are appropriate and address issues.
• Present performance and plan to partners with solutions, opportunities and risks. • Develop self - attend ongoing professional development and training. Stay current on Management best practices and develop leadership, negotiation and presentation skills. • Special Projects for FOB and cross FOB.
• Mentor, train and develop new Assistants as assigned. Guide Assistant Planner in developing skills to move to next assignment/level.
• Bachelor's Degree (Business, Finance or equivalent) • Previous financial accountability including financial/ROF planning and strategy
Communication Skills: *
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence
Mathematical Skills: * • Strong understanding of financial performance metrics, ROF process, assortment planning, and business partner relationships
Reasoning Ability: *
• Leadership capabilities • Ability to translate market and financial data into strategies • Previous financial accountability
Other Skills * :
• Strong computer skills Microsoft Word, advanced Excel (formulas, pivot tables, function keys, etc.)
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York- NY
Req ID: PLA01781