MWW Associate Account Executive in New York, New York
MWWPR is one of the world's top independent public relations agencies with a global network of eight offices across the US and Europe. A full-service firm that approaches communications without the boundaries of expected thinking, MWWPR's expertise spans Consumer Brands, Technology, Corporate Reputation Management, Public Affairs, Crisis Communications, Sports and Entertainment, Diversity, LGBT and Wellness & Nutrition.
With dedicated insights, strategy, data and analytics, social media and creative teams, MWWPR ensures that clients Matter More to the stakeholders who matter most. MWWPR Matter More approach has been recognized by numerous, top industry awards. In 2015, MWWPR was honored with a gold at the American Business Awards for Company of the Year, and 2014 accolades include the Global SABRE Award, "PR Agency of the Year" and Company of the Year by the International Business Awards, as well as "Top Places to Work in PR"
To learn more about MWWPR, visit http://www.mww.com or on Twitter at @MWW_PR.
We are: Smart. Authentic. Entrepreneurial. Fearless.
We're a team of independent thinkers and doers who stop at nothing for our clients. When so many awesome people come together, great things happen. Not just for our clients, but for us as well. Associates become Vice Presidents. Ideas become trademarks. And work feels like anything but.
At MWW, you'll experience what matters more, both personally and professionally. No one could blame us for loving where we work. Because in a culture like ours, anything is possible.
What We Need
MWWPR has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Account Executive on the Digital Strategy team in the New York, NY office.
What Is Included (Primary Responsibilities)
· Assist with day-to-day community engagement on client social platforms
· Develop content calendars that display exceptional writing skills and an understanding of brand messaging and tone
· Prepare activity reports and status reports for clients
· Implement basic updates to client sites, social platforms and/or applications for select accounts
· Effectively source and thoroughly vet digital influencers; Develop and maintain relationships with influencers and online media
· Exhibit effective project management and servicing broader account teams; keep account team abreast of timelines and deadlines
· Assist with content strategy planning; draft visibility, content and conversation audits
· Pull together monthly and/or quarterly social media metrics for reporting purposes and to inform future social strategy and content development.
· Conduct research for day-to-day client projects and to support new business pitches and contribute to creative brainstorms; begin to develop presentation skills
· Proactively generate new ideas and opportunities to ensure client program success; participate actively in account team strategy sessions and brainstorms
· Begin to develop a thorough understanding of clients businesses and industries, and the industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the client
· Begin to develop an understanding of the pitch process for new business; conducts research to support pitch activities
· Begins to develop knowledge of the full services of MWW, procedures and business methods
· Demonstrates motivation and a can-do attitude
· Provides mentorship to junior staff/Associates
· Continually update manager on progress of activities
· Perform ad hoc account management tasks as assigned
· Capture time daily and enter it into the system weekly
What You Have to Have (Education and Experience Requirements)
· 1-3 years of experience serving in a full time social media / digital strategy role, either in a public relations agency or the communications department of a company in a relevant industry
· Bachelor's degree in public relations, a related field or in the liberal arts
· Experience working with, or a passion for, a blend of consumer brands, corporate accounts and/or public policy is a plus!
· Superior oral and written communication skills; proofreading and editing ability, and an eye for professional formatting
· Maintain a professional, client-ready demeanor and presence; keep a high standard of etiquette in all communications and interactions
· Demonstrate an understanding of and affinity for digital tools and platforms (including social media), and the digital landscape overall
· Fluency in: Microsoft Office Suite, and social media tools (e.g. Sysomos, Crimson Hexagon, Netbase, Tapinfluence, etc.)
· Experience with content management systems (e.g. Sprinklr)
· Experience with community management
· Ability to travel as necessary contingent on client and new business needs (requirements vary)
Success Factors and Other Details
· Avid consumer of general and business/economics news and media
· Maintain a thorough understanding of clients businesses and industries; become an expert on clients products and services; have the ability to demonstrate these products to media
· Ability to think strategically, creatively and proactively; exhibit a facility for problem solving and close attention to detail
· Desire to pursue knowledge and professional development
· Actively participate in agency development by working collaboratively across all practice areas and assisting with new business whenever possible
· Cultivate and exhibit strong presentation and interpersonal skills
· Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and manage time in an organized manner while ensuring deadlines are met
· Consistently strive for personal excellence with both client deliverables and within your team, enabling MWW to maintain competitive advantage by providing exceptional value and service
EEO & Diversity Statement
MWW is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D.
External Company Name: MWW Group