Houghton Mifflin New York Metro Science Sales Associate (Per Diem) in New York Metro, New York
New York Metro Science Sales Associate (Per Diem)Apply now »
Start apply with LinkedIn
Date:Oct 12, 2017
Location:New York Metro, NY, US, 10001
Company:Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Job Requisition ID: 8225
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a full time opportunity. The availability of work varies from month-to-month and is on an as-needed basis. This contingent position is paid by a third party payrolling vendor while the Associate is providing services for HMH to HMH clients.
We are currently seeking individuals with teaching expertise in the area of Science.
This position is responsible for making sales phone calls and emails, attending exhibits, making presentations and participating in sales campaigns. This job requires the ability to speak well on the phone, and write effective emails. Additionally, this person must have flexibility/ability/independence to be given an assignment with limited support (on a particular day/week) and complete it as requested and well.
· Make sales calls toschoollevel personnel within the district per sales representative request and report results to sales representative
· Answer product inquiry phone calls from customers
· Attend state and/or local exhibits with heavy customer traffic and work local district exhibits if sales representative has conflict and can't attend
· Participate in calling and/or email campaigns and also with mailings
· Prepare packets and/or folders for major presentations/workshops
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
· Computer skills necessary in Windows 2000, Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Microsoft Outlook
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to speak and present effectively in public
· Abilityto establish rapport and convey a positive and professional image to teachers and administrators
· Great customer service and interpersonal skills
· Experience/Understanding of the Next Generation Science Standards
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Education or other related field
· Teaching experience
· Must be available to work 2-3 days/week, 8 hours/day
· Ability to lift 50 pounds and move heavy materials for in-service and presentations
· Some local travel involved
This is a home-based role with varying hours on a part-time/intermittent basis.*This is a part-time, intermittent opportunity and those hired will be W-2 employees of a third party payrolling vendor.
ABOUT US:Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.For more information, visithttp://careers.hmhco.com
PLEASE NOTE: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
Seeking Science per diem Sales Associates in the New York Metro area
Nearest Major Market:ManhattanNearest Secondary Market:New York CityJob Segment: