Barclays Senior QPS SubM Developer in New York City, New York
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
The Electronic Trading division at Barclays is responsible for providing automated, streamlined trading solutions for external clients and internal divisions within the firm. This group is responsible for a number of systems that provide low-latency client and exchange connectivity, execution algorithms, direct market access, embedded sponsored access, and risk monitoring. This team provides standardized access to this suite of markets and services, and most of the firm accesses Equities and Options markets through this technology stack.
This role is for a Java developer for the application development within the low latency QPS SubM development team, working in a small, regionally distributed development team providing technical and business driven solutions.
The successful candidate will be involved in the full development life cycle of changes from analysis and design through to implementation and third line support. The focus of this role will be on the build-out and integration of new client and exchange connections supporting the Quantitative Prime Services business. This is a very varied role requiring a range of skills in addition to core java development.
· Core java development of new features, enhancements and bug fixes to both the established client connectivity application and to the re-architected bedrock client connectivity application.
· Analysis of business and technology driven change requests and the creation of proposals for issue resolution.
· Analysis, design and development of features of the low latency applications supporting the QPS business.
· Development or enhancement of tools, processes and procedures used by the team.
· Occasional second line support of the non-prod client connectivity application.
· Occasional third line support of the client connectivity production system.
· 1-3 years Core Java on LINUX (or other relevant experience with an aptitude to cross-train)
· 1-3 years LINUX usage for development and operation
· 1-3 years Bash scripting
· Some exposure to electronic trading and financial markets
· Experience of git, svn, maven and team city
· Unit testing and mocking, particularly Junit and Jmockit
· Agile development techniques
· Firm grasp of middleware, network design and protocols
· Ability to work within a large enterprise cooperatively, to deliver to a specific business desire while enhancing the corporate environment as a whole
· FIX protocol
· Perl or python programming
· Understanding of electronic trading and financial markets
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Title: Senior QPS SubM Developer
Location: New York-New York City
Requisition ID: *90142719