Barclays Quant Analyst in New York City, New York
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide . Please visit our website here for more information.
Barclays is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays’ purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs 10/04/17approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Our risk teams protect our financial performance and reputation. Our team members have advanced technical skills across a broad range of disciplines, tackling issues from economic conditions to financial crime. They advise Barclays’ business leaders, helping them make decisions.
About Quantitative Analytics
Our industry-leading Quantitative Analytics team is part of Barlays’ Risk, providing modelling, analytics development and valuable quantitative advice. This team partners with our traders and risk managers, delivering solutions for derivatives pricing, risk management, changes in markets structure, capital utilization and strategic technological advancements.
Overall purpose of role: / /
· Quantitative analysis and model development for business financial planning and stress testing.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
Key specific accountabilities.
· Develop models and methodologies for forecasting business revenues and balance sheet- Analyze business revenue segmentation and business drivers for key businesses.
Collaborate with Front Office representatives for model and variable selection and outcome analysis.- Work with Finance and IT teams to source modelling data and check consistency. - Develop tests, estimation and calibration procedures for revenue forecasting models. - Implement the models and the estimation and calibration procedures in Barclays statistical model development framework.
· Work with internal and external teams on validating models and building challenger models
Provide rationale and justification for model choices to internal and external validation teams.
- Respond to any inquiries related to the models and perform further tests as required.
Build benchmark and challenger models using alternative approaches.- Follow industry wide initiatives and regulatory guidelines that impact the models.
· Provide documentation for models and respond to internal and external inquiries- Write detailed documentation explaining the data validation, model selection process, alternatives considered, business inputs and rationales in modeling decisions. - Work with other team members to ensure quality and consistency of the documentation. - Prepare detailed response and analysis to any inquiries by validation teams or regulators.
Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
· Basic Qualifications
· 4 Year Bachelors Degree
· / / M.Sc. or Ph.D. in finance, econometrics, statistics or similar field from a top university
· 6 years of financial services industry experience including working knowledge of capital markets.
· 2 years of experience with financial/statistical modeling or specific CCAR/PPNR modeling experience.
· Preferred Qualifications/*/
· Programming and statistical software skills: R, RStudio,Python, C .
· Hands-on experience in building statistical models/regression analysis.
· Product/business knowledge covering various Markets/IBD businesses.
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Title: Quant Analyst
Location: New York-New York City
Requisition ID: *90144658