Barclays IBMO Risk and Control-AVP in New York City, New York
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Overall purpose of role: / /
The Global Market Operations Risk and Control department aims to manage and minimize the risk of failure of internal controls. The team focuses on the transparency of controls, communication of incidents and enhancement of controls efficiency. It works closely with all main Operations functions including IB Middle Office, Client Operations Group / Transaction Client Service, Trade Control, Post Trade Services and various other groups. The team also acts as a liaison with other areas of Operations and the wider bank, including the COO Office, End to End committees, Business Management, Risk and Regulatory Control, Operational Risk Management and other risk and control functions.
To help ensure the control framework is robust and meets the needs of the organization, R&C manages multiple day to day activities as well as strategic programs. The AVP will assist management to oversee the day to day governance of the respective department processes, regulatory controls and management reporting associated with these topics. In addition the AVP will provide support and partner with members of the team to further focus on the control framework, provide transparency into existing gaps in the front to back processes and enhance the efficiency of controls.
Key specific accountabilities.
- Co-ordination of operations data at weekly risk meetings
- Definition, analysis and reporting of KPI (Key Performance Indicators) including presentation to management
- Ensure timely escalation of significant risk issues
- Lead projects to strengthen the control environment
- Build a greater awareness of the Risk Management Framework by delivering training to stakeholders
Liaise with internal and external audit teams on testing of controls and SOX requirements
Stakeholder management and leadership.
To work with the Secured Finanacing or other Asset Class MO team globally to facilitate the successful completion of the Risk and Control Self Assessments (“RCSA’s”) and to ensure suitable Actions Plans are established to bridge any highlighted control gaps.
Drive consistent best practice across business areas and regions to ensure consistent reporting on key metrics and risk and control initiatives
Decision making and problem solving.
Highlight anomalies and produce root cause analysis
- Review of MIS to highlight gaps, offer solutions and prioritize risk levels
- Perform independent validation of risk and controls
- Evaluate operational processes for risk exposure, identification of control weaknesses and implementation of new processes
Risk and Control:
· All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Basic Qualifications *
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in the Investment banking industry or other business related institution
- 3 years Microsoft Office experience
- 1 years prior experience within an area focused on improving the controls framework
- Intermediate MS Excel skills w/ understanding of databases
- Intermediate MS PowerPoint skills with strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and research abilities
- Ability to function proactively with minimal supervision
Knowledge of transaction lifecycle
· Solid understanding of financial concepts
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Title: IBMO Risk and Control-AVP
Location: New York-New York City
Requisition ID: *90144575