Allergan Dir, Health Economics Outcomes Research in Jersey City, New Jersey
Dir, Health Economics Outcomes Research
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States at http://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/2857/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Jun 17, 2017Post Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and paatients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives.
Our success is powered by our world-class team’s commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world’s fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
Join our bold team! Learn more at www.Allergan.com at http://www.allergan.com/ .
The GHEOR Director leads, develops, and ensures the execution of the outcomes research strategy and activities to demonstrate the value of Allergan products and / or indications within a therapeutic area both globally and for the U.S. market. The Director accomplishes this by managing a team of outcomes researchers in the development and execution of Outcomes Research Plans, defining the strategy and research approach to generate the required evidence and outputs. This research includes: economic models (e.g., budget impact and cost effectiveness), claims analyses, and observational research studies / analyses, and Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO) research.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
· Develop strategy and oversees economic model development to inform internal decision making and for external payer / HTA requirements. In addition, he / she must have demonstrated knowledge of regulatory requirements and measurement methodologies associated with developing, utilizing, validating, and analyzing PRO data for labeling claims and / or promotion. The Director represents the Global Health Outcomes Strategy and Research (GHEOR) department, as needed, at regulatory agency and payer or HTA agency meetings
· Integrate and align the outcomes research strategy through establishing and maintaining cross-functional collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders including Clinical Development and Operations; Epidemiology; Regulatory Affairs; Medical Affairs; Commercial; and Global / Regional Pricing and Reimbursement. The Director reviews, approves, and presents health outcomes research findings internally to Allergan and externally via the peer-reviewed process.
· Responsible for building and maintaining collaborative research relationships with key clinical and outcomes thought leaders. Managerial responsibilities include: managing therapeutic area and project budgets, assisting in the hiring, training, and development of team and direct report(s) (e.g., Manager, Senior Manager, or Senior Scientist). The Director also serves as a leader within GHEOR for departmental activities and for other internal Allergan initiatives representing the GHEOR department.
· Conduct their work activities in compliance with all Allergan internal requirements and with all applicable regulatory requirements. Allergan internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements, and objectives.
· Must be proficient in Health Technology Assessment (HTA), submission strategies, and creation of corresponding high impact payer tools, (e.g., dossiers and economic models).
· People management experience is required
· At least 6 years of industry related experience in outcomes research with emphasis in two or more of the following areas preferred:
o Development and / or validation of PRO
o Analysis of claims databases to assess burden and cost of disease
o Health economic models to assess the value of medical products
Related fields include: Health Services Research, Health Economics / Economics, Psychometrics, Health Policy, Outcomes Research and Pharmacy Administration
· Master’s degree in Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) related field, and experience conducting HEOR research PharmD, BS Pharmacy; or MD + Master’s degree in Health Outcomes related field and experience conducting HEOR research; or Doctoral degree and experience conducting HEOR research