Newell Brands Senior Manager Quality Assurance in Hoboken, New Jersey
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
This is a key leadership position for the Newell Brands Digital Technology QA team. You’ll be multi-tasking in a fast paced, highly energetic, geographically dispersed environment, leading culturally diverse teams. The role is responsible for managing QA testing services for several major applications as well as a portfolio of projects.
The person in this role will directly manage 3 – 5 QA employees. This is a growing team, so you’ll be hiring as well as handling typical people management responsibilities such as performance reviews. You will also oversee the work of offshore QA engineers and be responsible for work order management activities for your area, including engagement reviews and budget allocations.
Building a strong partnership between both development managers and business partners is a large part of the role, as is clearly showing the value of the QA services provided.
Successful candidates will have excellent communication skills, as you’ll be working closely with business partners, technology teams and project managers. In support of Newell Brands Digital Technology QA’s strategic business plan, you’ll innovate and drive change with quantifiable benefit to the organization.
You will be working independently, with accountability for a large application and project portfolio. The ability to successfully define and mitigate risks to ensure successful delivery is critical.
Management courage and the ability to manage escalation situations effectively is a key success factor. Metrics and process compliance are important capabilities, as is financial discipline.
Priorities and success factors for this role include:
• Strategic thinking
• Managing performance
• Building collaborative relationships
• Fostering teamwork
This position requires a highly motivated, organized and experienced QA professional with strong leadership skills. Implicit in these requirements is the ability to be an independent thinker who can successfully communicate and propose new or alternative solutions. We seek a results-oriented, optimistic, hard-working, team-oriented and flexible.
• BA/BS in a technical discipline or 7 years of relevant professional experience
• 7 years’ experience in Software Quality Assurance
• At least 5 years’ experience in a QA management role managing internal resources
• At least 3 years’ experience leading offshore technology teams
• A proven track record of both application release and project QA delivery across a wide variety of large, complex multi-platform technologies.
• Demonstrated success in delivering testing services for in-house developed applications as well as third-party products, with complex integration testing.
• Experience leading QA professionals, providing the necessary coaching and growth opportunities to build a high-functioning software testing organization.
• Experience with a wide variety of software development methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, RUP including recent experience working in an Agile environment
• Experience implementing test automation strategies and frameworks using tools such as Selenium/UFT/ Tosca or equivalent
• Experience with current and emerging testing methodologies that include continuous integration and dev ops
• Demonstrated success at applying formal Risk-Based Testing methodologies is required
• Good knowledge of new standard industry tools for logging bugs and managing test cases (ex. JIRA/MTM)
• Bachelor degree in Computer science a strong plus
• Experience leading testing efforts in a SaaS environment is a plus
You demonstrate these behaviors:
• Ability to prioritize work, manage resource constraints and respond effectively to changing priorities
• Ability to creatively work through issues when they arise
• Strong leadership, negotiation, teamwork, technology and problem-solving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communications to various levels of technical and non-technical staff and management up to VP level
• Experience in Agile, Iterative and Waterfall is a must
• Experience in automation engineering and testing under Agile methodologies
Organization: Newell Brands
Title: Senior Manager Quality Assurance
Location: New Jersey-Hoboken
Requisition ID: 309253