The New York Foundling Skills Coaches in Brooklyn, New York
The Skills Coach is responsible for providing training to the foster child in the child success program. These will be conducted with each child during skills trainings at least once a week or more if needed. Skills training areas are directly related to the goals of the child’s treatment plan, and may include behavior management skills, communication skills, coping skills, problem solving, or other strategies. Skills coaches will receive training and ongoing supervision to implement the treatment from Program Supervisor.
- Works directly and solely with the youth on helping him/her learn and use skills that are necessary to get along with peers and adults in a variety of settings.
- Utilize the evidenced based model to work directly with the youth on pro social behaviors.
- Plans and organizing activities in the community for the youth related to pro social/social skills training.
- Participate in all model program training, supervision and consultation activities
- Assists Program Supervisor and evidenced based treatment team on ensuring the youth remains focused on the determined goals.
- Attends weekly clinical team meetings and weekly foster parent meetings.
- Document each skills training session on the appropriate forms and turn them into program staff in a timely fashion each week
- Ensures adherence to all city, state and federal regulations and policies.
- Travel within the community is required.
- Immediately report emergencies such as runaways, accidents, or medical problems.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- HS diploma or GED Required
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for the evidenced based model
- High energy, positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to function in a team setting
Requisition Number: 17-0451
Post Date: 6/19/2017
Title: Skills Coaches