Macy's Retail Merchandise Handler, Part Time: Brooklyn, NY, Kings Plaza in Brooklyn, New York
The Vendor Paid Merchandise Handler is responsible for all functions related to the flow of new merchandise for the vendor. Performs other duties as assigned.
The summary below may not include all the essential functions and qualifications for this position. For more information, we encourage you to review the complete job description by clicking* here *.
- Complete general shipment and processing activities in accordance to productivity standards and ensure floor readiness
- Assist the Merchandise Team in the movement of fixtures and merchandise for new product, season changes, and clearance sets
- Assist in replenishment, inventory and markdown processes
- Responsible for customer carryout and special deliveries
- Maintain communication with vendors, MTMs, and regional and district offices for support on driving sales, promos, and product knowledge
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Communication Skills: Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
Physical Demands: This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Other skills: Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Must possess a strong sense of urgency. Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
Work Hours: Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-New York-Brooklyn
Job: Receiving and Merchandising
Req ID: 710103367