Acacia Network Licensed Master's Social Worker (LMSW) in Bronx, New York
Acacia Network , a progressive organization servicing communities across New York State is the 2nd largest Hispanic nonprofit organization in the country. Its mission is to partner with communities, lead change, and promote healthy and prosperous individuals and families. Acacia Network offers an array of community-based services, including Primary Care, Behavioral Health, Housing, and Education.
We are currently seeking a Licensed Social Worker.
CLICK HERE to learn more about our Transitional Housing program.
The Social Worker is responsible for coordinating all services related to the mental health issues of clients, including diagnoses, assessment of need and referral as warranted. He/She will provide therapy for clients with special needs and conduct special focus groups for clients (e.g., post-traumatic stress, sexual or other abuse, etc.) The Social Worker will conduct the initial psychosocial history and mental health care upon completion of inpatient program.
Essential functions of this position include:
- Conduct initial psychosocial history interviews on al clients during the Admission/Orientation phase
- Conduct mental health status determination during Admission/Orientation Phase and at other appropriate times during the Treatment Phases
- Coordinate all mental health treatment and referrals for clients in all phases
- Consult with primary counselors on clients with special needs
- Provide supervision or treatment of all cases requiring social worker level involvement by managed care or other referrals agencies
- Conduct seminars and training for other clinical staff on pertinent issues
- Develop and maintain referral linkages with outside agencies and organizations to meet the needs of program clients
- Participate on interdisciplinary treatment teams and in case conferences
- Maintain up to date case notes for clients on caseload
- Work in close liaison with program psychologist and/or psychiatrist
Benefits: As one of the paramount not for profit corporations in the country, we offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package; a multitude of benefits, including comprehensive full health care package, disability, life insurance, coupled with a generous vacation and 401K plan as well as flexible schedules.
Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No employment services or agencies need respond.
MA/MS of Social Work from an accredited institution
Two years post graduate experience providing social work services, preferable serving chemically dependant clients
Registered as a Certified Social Worker with the NYS Dept. of Education
An interest in people and an ability to relate well to residents’ families, significant others and team members
Experience with Substance Abuse Treatment and Counseling
Bilingual, English/Spanish desired
Location: Bronx, NY
Category: Transitional Housing
Job Type: Employee
Required Education: Master (MA, MS...)